Tuesday, May 15, 2007

As I have been inundated with questions as to when I am going to update the blog I thought I would take this opportunity (exam week so no classes at school) to do so. In the time since the last post I’ve started writing a few entries but then I normally just get bored half way through and think this is shit, I can’t be arsed, I’ll go and check the facebook home page instead….

I’ll get there and then think……

Better return these 17 pokes I’ve just received……

Ahh I see Bevin Nyarlathotep Dunlevy has joined the group “People Who Always Have To Spell Their Names For Other People” (10:27am)

Sarah Taylor has removed "Free Willy 2: The Adventure Home" from her list of favourite movies. (10.31am)

Oh and Ben Randall has written on my wall. (10:39am) “dont ignore me you little cunt”.

(pretty much the exact same shit joke I used in the last entry that)

I blame the internet – it has a mesmerising power of distraction. There are just so many ways to spend a day at “work” – facebook, toyamajets, gmail chat, msn, wikipedia, online chess, guardian online, youtube - are just some of the examples that fill my time.

The trouble is that although I don’t feel bored while I’m switching between these various sites, afterwards, I kind of think “was that remotely productive or am I wasting my life” (A bit like how one might feel after watching an episode of Big Brother). I could have been studying Japanese, or writing my blog, or preparing lessons……

This web-surfing is seriously addictive – at any one time I’ll have about 8 different windows open and it’ll feel as though I’m really busy even though I actually have absolutely nothing of importance going on! At the end of the day I’ll look back and think “shit I had no time to write my blog today, or reply to those wall messages or emails I got, or buy my mum’s birthday present, or prepare that hanko sheet for tomorrow’s 2-5 class. I was just too busy!!!”

Anyway, my plan for this morning is to finish off some of those blog entries I’ve started before I get distracted again….

Oh fuck!!! Death Metal Hell has just taken my queen.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home