Thursday, November 01, 2007

Ok, so you didn't think the thrown shits story was funny.... check out this hard hitting drama from some more of my students:


Kanako: "Aruhi mori no naka kumasa"

Asuka: Kanako! Stop singing!!

Kanako: Why? I was enjoying singing though.

Asuka: Because in Japan when you sing it means a ghost will appear!

Kanako: Oh really!? I didn't know.

Asuka: Look! There is a ghost behind your back.

Kanako: Where is it!? Where is it!?

Asuka: I'm lying.

Kanako: Go away Asuka, I hate you!

Asuka: I'm sorry.


For me, this absurd-sounding tale charting two young girl's friendship through love, fighting and the supernatural has turned out to be one of the most chilling and original mini dramas of the ichi nensei Superstitions project.
From the outset, this drama's brilliantly scripted dialogue draws the audience in and one finds oneself immersed in the story's unbearably grim world. We are thrilled and taken on an emotional roller coaster ride experiencing joyous music, laughter and humour contrasted with the tale's underlying backdrop of shock, fear and betrayal. The end result is an edge of your seat suspense story with so many twists and turns we are never quite sure where we are going to end up. The unexpected twist at the end providing a truely unforgettable piece of ichi nensei mini drama writing.

Rating: 5 stars.

6 Comments:

At 11:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rating: 0 Stars.

Actually, I'll give you half a star for making more than one post in a month. Thanks.

Yet again though, you fail to deliver. Fucking crap and so unfunny you make me cringe.

 
At 12:37 am, Blogger barry and maverick said...

Anonymous, how come you always reply to my posts so quick? It seems as though you must like them!
Would you like to play a 20 questions style game in which I ask you a series of questions and you reply with yes or no answers and then i work out who you are?

Ok, first question: Are you happy that Martin Jol has left Tottenham?

 
At 8:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 posts in a month? Have you lost your job?

 
At 1:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you pick Kanako up after all that trauma and give her a big hug to make her feel better - Cinderalla style?

 
At 1:36 am, Blogger Sparkyoldskool said...

I also read the blog...and concur that it is shit

 
At 6:11 pm, Blogger barry and maverick said...

I think I have figured out who the true annoymous is. It was difficult because it could have been one of so many people - it appears almost everyone who reads this blog is in agreement that it is completely shit.
So any suggestions as to what my next post should be about? I am feeling more motivated as a result of this constructive feedback, but need a new topic. As has been pointed out to me, putting up students' work is aiming pretty low on the blog ladder!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home