Sunday, May 20, 2007

Happy Deathday!

Some people have noted that this blog rarely concentrates on what interesting events I have been up to in my life and contains few pictures, choosing more to focus on political activism, obscure “in jokes”, and facebook. I will now attempt to redress this balance by talking about what I got up to last week and putting a few pics in:

Last week I went out to 135s bar in Uozu to celebrate the life of a great man. We often celebrate people's birthdays but I think this was the first time I had ever celebrated a "death day". It was a lot of fun, I think people should do it more often!

The reason we were "celebrating" was that Jerry Falwell, the American fundamentalist Christian pastor and televangelist, had died.



Here is a picture of the great man himself.

I have to admit when my friend told me about the death I didn’t know that much about Mr Falwell. I was keen to go out for a few beers though and I wanted to know exactly what we would be celebrating so I turned to wikipedia for some more information.

Here are some facts I found out about the life of Mr Falwell:

In his younger days Falwell was a keen supporter of racial segregation. He was critical of Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement, which he sometimes referred to as the "Civil Wrongs Movement".

On reading this I have to say I instantly warmed to the man, I mean who wouldn’t be critical of Martin Luther King, clearly he was a cunt.
Falwell also demonstrated his good sense of humour with a classic “Civil Wrongs” gag.



Martin Luther King - what a bastard!

Not only was Falwell not too keen on the blacks he was also opposed to gay rights and alledgedly called the gay-oriented Metropolitan Community Churches "brute beasts" and "a vile and Satanic system" that will "one day be utterly annihilated and there will be a celebration in heaven."

No argument there.

Jerry Falwell wrote in America Can Be Saved that "I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them."

Yep, I've gotta agree, that’s clearly the way to “save” America.

In the 1980s Jerry Falwell was critical of sanctions against the Apartheid regime of South Africa.

Who wouldn’t be – clearly Apartheid was a great set up.



A Happy reminder of the glory days of Apartheid.

He called Nobel Peace Prize winner and Anglican Archbishop Desmond Tutu a phony "as far as representing the black people of South Africa."

Again, very true.



Desmond Tutu - didn’t give a shit about black people.


Jerry Falwell has been called an agent of intolerance and the founder of the anti-gay industry who regularly demonized and dehumanized gays and fought against gay rights.

You have to give him credit for that.

In the early 1980s when the AIDS pandemic was still in its early years and could have been addressed more proactively as a national health crisis he swayed public opinion against people with AIDS saying “AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals, it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.”

The more I read about Falwell the more I wanted to celebrate his life and pay my respects to such a wonderful, kind man.

One of my favourite things I read about Falwell was that he recently claimed that Tinky Winky, (the Teletubbie), was gay. He argued that because Tinky Winky is purple, has antenna shaped like a triangle and carries a magic bag (i.e. woman's purse) that he must be gay. He added "role modelling the gay lifestyle is damaging to the moral lives of children."

I've been saying this for years, clearly Tinky Winky is damaging the moral lives of children. He has to be stopped!



Tinky Winky - agent of Satan.

Perhaps Falwell's finest moment came after the September 11, 2001 attacks, when he said, "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians, I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

I agree, but I'd actually go further and say that September 11th was soley caused by queers. They are clearly fundamentally opposed to our way of life, and like Tinky Winky they need to be stamped out.



Gays - hell bent on the destruction of Freedom.

I'm sure you can agree that some lives are worth celebrating and who's life is more worthy of celebration than this exceptional man. A man who did so much for spreading happiness, tolerance and understanding in a hateful world.

Jerry Falwell - Happy Death day.

5 Comments:

At 5:21 am, Blogger Tony said...

Wow!! So youve gone from red faced posts, large choppers and a dancing dick, to posts about minority rights and apartheid.

Loving it.

You should adsense this blog, if you actually meant lots of those 'toungue firmly in cheek' comments you'd get a shitload of hate mail, but probably make a mint out of clicks!

 
At 9:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you've gotta mix things up a bit I say - I only like to write about the things i'm really passionate about - that's why my next post will be about TV's Dave Benson Phillips.

What is adsense?

 
At 5:50 am, Blogger Richard said...

Yeah, adsense gets you money if enough people click on the little adverts on the side of your blog. you haven't set it up yet but you should. Then, when you get about 40,000 people looking at your website each day, you'll be able to earn about 12p. But hell, can't argue with 12p every day! I'll set it up and promote the site and you just write. we'll split the profits, ok?

By the way, great post.

 
At 2:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was only a matter of time before Dave Benson-Phillips appeared on this blog. If your next post truly is about him I'll give you those 40,000 clicks myself.

 
At 8:14 am, Blogger Geoff said...

Barry, I didn't know you could even read, let alone write! Well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home